Home News South Africa again asks UN top court to take action against Israel...

South Africa again asks UN top court to take action against Israel in Gaza

29
0

queen of heaven Israeli military invasion of RafahIn southern Gaza, South Africa once again asked the United Nations Supreme Court to issue a restraining order against Israel, saying the “existence” of Palestinians in Gaza was threatened.

In documents disclosed at the International Court of Justice in The Hague on Friday, South Africa asked the court to order Israel to immediately withdraw from Gaza’s southernmost city of Rafah, where more than a million Palestinians displaced by the war have sought refuge, and “to cease its military offensive.” ” and allowed “unhindered access” to international officials, investigators and journalists.

South Africa’s latest initiative is The country filed the case in December It accuses Israel of committing genocide. since then, The court has ordered Israel Take action to prevent genocide in Gaza and order more humanitarian aid to the Palestinian people to combat growing hunger in the region. But the court stopped short of ordering Israel to halt military operations against Hamas.

Israel vehemently denies South Africa’s accusations and says it has done everything it can to allow food and fuel deliveries to Gaza and reduce harm to civilians. It also says its war in Gaza is necessary to defend against attacks by Hamas and other armed groups on Oct. 7 that killed more than 1,200 Israelis and led to the capture of about 250 others.

Friday’s request is the fourth time South Africa has asked the U.N. court for a temporary injunction. The document points out that the asylum conditions for civilians in Gaza have seriously deteriorated.

“Rafaah is the last population center in Gaza that has not been severely destroyed by Israel and is therefore the last refuge for Palestinians in Gaza,” South Africa said.

The court has not said when it will respond to South Africa’s request, but its rules require that emergency order petitions must be given priority. The 15-judge tribunal was unable to enforce its order.

The main case involving genocide is not expected to begin until next year.

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here